Friday, April 27, 2007

Socks indeed!

All it took was an infusion of sock yarn.

Here are my very first ever socks -- finished, and being worn by a very happy little dude.



I've realized that they are really already too small -- no surprise there. I considered re-doing them completely, but the happy dude was so excited to have knitted socks that he would have been devastated if I ripped back "his" socks. He has quite wide feet. Perhaps next I'll knit and felt him some slippers.

I've already cast on the next pair of socks for myself -- I'm going for the columbine socks in Cat Bordhi's book. I was going to try using dpns next, but my dpns are bamboo, and knitting socks on bamboo was rather slow going. I like the dpns, but I was getting tired of forcing the stitches up the line. Perhaps one of my dear relatives coming to visit will bring me some nice tiny steel dpns, hint hint. Size 1. As long as I'm hinting, I should make it less cryptic -- dpn = double pointed needles. They come in sets of 4 and 5. I don't care which. Nice pointy needles. Check 'em in your luggage.

No comments: