Tuesday, April 17, 2007

One sock down, one to go!

One sock is finished!!! Yippee! My first "real" sock! (Not including the big Christmas stocking I knit last month.)

The model is our rather timid cat named Mousie. We also call him Skitter Kitty. He tends to flee at the unknown. Putting a sock on him and then taking a flash picture had about a 50/50 chance of success. Still, the room was dark, and I needed a light background for the sock -- Mousie was my only option.



Luckily, he was pretty relaxed, and even posed when I put the knitting needles on his paws. I thought that this would send him running for sure. Nope, he actually purred. The cat knows good knitting when he sees it.



(See, I followed the instructions that say to cast on the second sock if you ever want a matched pair.)

No comments: