Friday, April 13, 2007

Blockhead

Blocking is very new to me. I blocked a lace rib scarf I made for a friend as a test, and I was amazed at the difference it made. (Yes, I know the books all say that you'll be amazed by how professional it suddenly looks, but somehow I was still surprised.)

So, when I blocked my purple angora shawl (and again, I ask, who is going to wear a purple angora shawl?), I was THRILLED to see the arrowhead pattern (Interweave Knits staff projects, Summer 2006) appear so nicely!




Same thing with a baby poncho I made for a friend. The garter stitch edge was not holding the stockinette properly, and it was curving to the back, and I blocked it -- VOILA! It looks awesome. (Yarn is a Japanese one with 10% mohair, 90% wool called "make, make". Not kidding. Make make yarn. I'm gonna make make me a poncho.

No comments: