Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A Grand Success!

Our auction was a huge success, both from the fun perspective and from the financial perspective. The gorgeous quilt was sold for just over 5 digits $US, over 7 digits in yen! Bidding was hot and furious! The quilt itself looked absolutely amazing hanging in the ballroom at the Ritz Carlton in Tokyo. Here it is -- how cool is that? Some of the people thought that it was part of the Ritz Carlton ballroom decor. How great is that?



Even better, the highest bidder is a friend of mine, so I know it will be loved and cherished.

Of course, since the auction I've done nothing but reconcile the accounts on the bidding, and the reciepts. For 4 straight days I've been in the Endless Tunnel of Accounting.

For my own inspiration, another picture of the quilt:


I'm off again to the accounting of the whole event. Numbers are all adding up, and it's going well. Hopefully I'll get a chance to knit soon (I haven't picked up my knitting in an entire week -- I think that's the longest I've gone without knitting since I STARTED knitting).

Back to the Endless Tunnel -- at least I see the light at the end....

No comments: