Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Half a pair of socks!

I must say again -- remember how I just needed "more sock yarn" so that the socks would begin to FLY off the needles?

Yeah, baby! Socks, indeed! Note that I have not posted since Apr 27. I cast on the morning of April 28, and I've been obsessed since, knitting whenever I could.


Another view? Of course, I'd love to show off my sock some more. See those holes? Those are SUPPOSED to be there. See how nicely they line up, how orderly the K2togs and SSKs all stand up at attention? Do you see where I missed two SSKs two rows in a row? NO, you @()%* DON'T, because I ripped back 8 rows to make it right.




I now understand why people knit socks. Well, maybe not everyone, but I find myself patting myself on the back for all the lacy designs, for the tiny needles, for the best Kitchener stitch I've ever done (yeah, okay, I've only done 3, but I'm still patting myself on the back pretty hard), and most of all -- OH MY GOD THESE SOCKS FEEL AWESOME! These sock knitters, they are not kidding when they say "you'll never go back." These sock knitters know. And now, I know. Rather, my left foot knows. My right foot is envious.

As for the left foot, it is pleased, and has almost forgotten how bothersome the two small holes on its ankle are -- small puncture wounds. Nay, these wounds are not from a stray knitting needle. They are wounds that are the approximate diameter of a cat claw. This means that sometime in the night, at least one and perhaps two cats were wrangling with my feet, or perhaps with each other and my foot was an innocent bystander taken down in the brawl. What I can't believe is that I have no recollection of the event.

I have, however, avenged my foot -- both cats have now had their claws trimmed to a humane level. I had neglected one cat on this duty last month, and she was toting some vicious talons.

I leave you with a blurry close-up of the toe:

No comments: