Sunday, May 27, 2007

Looky-looky

So in one month we've had 3 visitors. That's a personal record. That's a month in which I have limited computer access, since our computer room IS our guest room, and vice versa.

Also, visitors means YARN PRESENTS! My visitors are all very skilled in this area, and brought fun and lovely things. We've already seen what dear brother-in-law brought (Cherry Hill Sock Yarn, yeah, baby!) and the lovely socks that came straight from that.

My mother-in-law brought fun yarn -- all kinds! I can't wait to see what I'll do with it -- perhaps some fun poncho with ribbons, or using that ribbon yarn for fringe. Can't tell yet!


THEN, my brother came last week -- and yippee yahoo, he brings several skeins of sock yarn and a new Addi Turbo. Truly manna from heaven. These are all skeins from the article about favorite sock yarn in this season's Interweave Knits.


See these? One is a wool and bamboo mix -- how cool is that? And another has aloe in it -- now that's fun knitting. (Yes, I do amuse myself sometimes.)

Now this one below -- THIS SOCK RAN A 5K.

Yep. Well, okay, actually it WALKED a 5K. Somewhere in this world, there are pictures of me crossing the finish line WHILE KNITTING. This is perhaps the "coolest" or "most loser-like" knitting thing I've done, depending on your point of view. My husband was moderately amused. I give him serious points for walking right next to me as if EVERYONE knits in a fun run.

The sock in this picture has since been finished, and its mate has been started. And let me tell you that I'm a little concerned about whether or not the orange vertical stripes on the first sock will come out similarly on the second sock. After all, this sock has been dubbed the "Finding Nemo" sock, given its orange and white vertical stripes, its deep blue ocean stripes, and the yellow and white flecked part, which my son has deemed "the sunshine." I'd better go and knit some more and see how it comes out.

No comments: