Monday, May 28, 2007

Sock race!

So yesterday I promised pictures of the unstoppable sock -- here is the sock in its earliest sock stages, crossing the finish line! Yippee for the sock! Yippee for the understanding husband who thought I was amusing and not just deranged!


That's the grounds of the Imperial Palace behind us.

The family at the finish line -- notice kids with scooters -- I think it was the only way to ensure that we wouldn't have to carry them for part of the 5K. It was a hot hot day. After that, we walked to Tokyo station to put my brother on the train to the airport. Another 2K. Then a few more K getting back to the tent and the car.

From here to a birthday party, and then home to veg with Dominos delivery and Finding Nemo. (One of the reasons that the socks are now dubbed the Nemo socks.)

So that was Saturday noon -- would you believe that I'm turning the heel of the second sock tonight -- Tuesday? I *KNEW* if I had more sock yarn that I'd be knitting socks like a madwoman.

Only downfall? No one I know has actually expressed any desire to wear handknit socks. I know, this is probably a good thing, because I have so many relatives I'd never get there. Still....looks like just me and the kids.

No comments: