Monday, May 18, 2009

A new project

I'm going to start a new project -- cleaning and arranging my new craft room. A whole room, just for me!
Apparently, though, the message wasn't quite straight, as I'm finding boxes of other things in there, too -- wrapping paper (okay, I guess it makes sense) to kid's crafting items, to kid's paint sets, which is where I draw the line. Playdough, too. No playdough allowed.
I am sorting my stash -- fabric in lovely boxes on the top shelf, and yarn in the lovely drawer bins stacking in the closet. I am organizing by weight. I had to go out and buy more bins today. (Love that Muji store!)

What have I learned during this organization?

1. Anyone who has just learned to knit a single faux fur scarf should not be allowed to purchase yarn again until they knit something else. I have 3 bags of faux fur kind of yarn, and they will never be used by me.

2. Just because it's on sale doesn't mean you should buy it. Enough said.

3. I have a drawer full of lace yarn. I have knit only two things in real laceweight. I am using this as inspiration.

4. Sock yarn rocks. It just does. Three drawers and counting of sock yarn.

5. I have WAY more DK weight than I thought I had. This is interesting to me. Why, I don't know. I guess I thought I was more a worsted/aran kind of gal.

6. I have a lot of Koigu KPPPM. I have only knit one thing (a pair of socks for my son) from KPPPM, because I think it's just too beautiful to use. The rest I just like to look at.

7. I need to figure out what to do with all of the 'fancy' yarn. Aack. Perhaps a hammock for the kids' stuffed animals!

No comments: