Friday, May 15, 2009

Driving again!

Today I drove.  It was a big deal.  It was not painful, and I felt fine.  My first stop after leaving school was to J-Mart (a home center kind of store), where I went straight to the plants, and bought plants and pots to re-pot them in -- a raspberry bush, blackberry bush, and a little mulberry bush (now we can dance around it!).  Also several strawberries, some tomatoes, and basil.  A couple of impatiens, and a really big dahlia that is the color of DIC In Vino Veritas.  I am all kinds of pleased with myself, as I've been wanting to do this for months, and I finally had a chance.  I just hope that the raspberries and blackberries will ripen while we are still in Tokyo.  

I had acupuncture today, which seems to help with the pain.  At least until I turned around a few minutes ago and whacked my arm into a table.  Then it didn't seem to matter so much.  : )

Knitting is coming along nicely.  I need a new project.  Something cheerful and fun.  Something lace.  Oh, wait, that's right -- I've convinced 5 other people in Tokyo, some of them novice knitters, to all do a February Lady Sweater KAL with me.  I also convinced them all to do it in DIC Classy, while I am using Berroco Ultra Alpaca (knitting from stash).  We are going to have lots of pretty sweaters to wear during rainy season this summer.  

No comments: