Thursday, May 14, 2009

I don't normally.....

Broken elbow -- obviously, it's going to hurt, but who knew that the pain was just beginning?? The bone has healed well, looks great on an x-ray, and those titanium screws are pretty spiffy. I was told that the elbow joint would likely 'freeze' and that it would be difficult and exceptionally painful to regain mobility. (And it has been just that.)

So, yes, it is healing great, and yes, it stills hurts, and I can sure tell you when it's going to rain. (It's not going to rain tomorrow.)

I don't normally whine and moan or suddenly weep at the thought of pain, but I've been doing a lot of it, up until last Saturday, when I suddenly started feeling a tiny bit more myself.

During the time I flew to the US to have the surgery to pin my elbow, our family moved house within Tokyo, one of our cats died, my daughter turned 9, my visa to live in Japan expired, in addition to regular stuff like getting taxes done, school, kids' activities, etc.

In the 4 weeks I've been back, life has been calm and relaxed. Still boxes everywhere, but I just don't mind too much. I can't move them, and they make wonderful tables for my knitting projects!

I was a bit down in the dumps with all the rain last week, and I decided to put some color in my life.  Etsy to the rescue! (I don't normally shop like that, but boy, those beautiful bright colors really caught me.)

I don't normally go for orange -- but this is just beyond gorgeous. Her yarns are stunning to work with. Laine Claude yarn from Tricoquelicot.  This actually glows and shimmers; the cell phone camera does not come close to doing it justice.


And this project bag called out to me -- and look how amazingly well it matches my current sock project!! (Sock is Brigit worked in DIC Smooshy Punky Fuschia) Project bag from Blue Tulips.  There are so many really cute designs, and they are really reasonable.  I don't normally use a project bag other than a ziplock or a zippered pocket thing, but I like this.


And then a little something from Amazon -- because I really really need another sock book. I do.  I DO normally buy lots of books, so perhaps I am getting back to normal.
Forgive the really bad pictures -- taken with my cell phone, because I'm sitting in my recliner with my feet up, and there wouldn't be any pictures otherwise.

3 comments:

Christine P. said...

It's not orange enough!

Glad to hear you're feeling better... Take it easy...

K. Kay said...

This is as orange as I go, baby!

Feeling better! : )

knitalot3 said...

Whine all you want about your pain. Only people who have been there seem to get it.

I broke my leg on March 1st. I'm still healing. Very slow... baby steps... and each one of them hurts in a whole new way.

I hope you feel perkier soon. Retail therapy is a big help.

LisaK (aka beannut33 on ravelry)