Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Pictures at last!

There has been a new development here at Tokyo Stitches (in Minnesota): the loss of two baby teeth!


The first was lost in the x-ray line at Narita Airport last Sunday -- the second of the top two was lost tonight, about 3 seconds after being tucked in, when she accidentally knocked her hand against her mouth and it fell out! Ta-da!

The Tooth Fairy has been notified.

Another delight (at least for me) was the arrival of the Sock Fairy, aka Blue Moon Fiber Arts:
Behold my lovely skeins of Socks that Rock. I've been wanting these for months. The colors are so beautiful I want to cry. As always, the colors are more more more in person. Imagine them a touch darker, and much more vivid and alive. They are soft. They are wonderful. I'm in love, and I don't know which one to knit first.

A really fun touch was the sticker they put in my box.
I feel like I'm part of the club now. I might even try to stick in on my blog somehow.

So back to the Minnesota Sky I love -- since I keep raving about it, here's a picture from my fantastic window, with the pinkish evening sky. It's not the best picture, but I wanted to highlight the light outside, not the window and wall inside. Don't you LOVE my window?
Let the record show that this picture was taken at exactly 9:09 pm Central Daylight Time. I love that it's still light out at 9pm.

The kids' room has a great window as well -- and a sun/moon on their ocean/beach fantasy wall. Since we can't paint the walls in our apartment in Tokyo, I went wild here!

No comments: