Friday, July 20, 2007

Long ago (and far away)

Long ago, to save myself from some Kitchener stitch, I began some toe-up socks. I ripped out 66 stitches around and tried 88. I ripped out 88 and tried 77. I went with 77, then went too far, and ripped back so that I could have a heel in my socks. I made the heel (on blind faith), and got this far:



I think I'm liking it, and after this pic was taken I switched from zeros to ones, and I believe it will now allow my foot through the ankle portion. I kind of like the magic loop, but I'm not completely convinced yet.

Other things now OFF the needles! Swimming lesson time is a great time for me to sit and watch the kids and knit simple things. This scarf is beaded kidsilk haze at each end, and a very soft marled merino that I got in Tokyo. I did it in a simple feather and fan pattern. The ladies at the Rowan store in Tokyo gave me the pattern, and I only messed with it a little (!).


Then I also got a simple fancy fun thing from Knit Happens, and made this "Cabaret scarf." I am sure I never would have bought it in person, but I think it's growing on me. It is also finished.


I've begun another scarf with Knit One Crochet Two Jam fancy yarn, and while I am really not a big fan of the actual fancy yarns so much, I am enjoying the beauty of the colors as it comes out. The color blending is beautiful. You'll have to trust me on that, because right now there is a cold one waiting for me downstairs.



See ya later!

No comments: