Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Socks and a haircut!

I'm knitting away at socks -- I've finished quite a few since my last post of the pretty pink socks. Here are Cookie A's Monkeys in progress -- pattern from www.knitty.com, and they are in Socks that Rock color Algae mediumweight -- fun socks, a bit tight on my wide feet, but I think they'll stretch a bit with wear.

IMG_1123.JPG

I also made Cookie A's Baudelaire, also from Knitty, and also from Socks that Rock mediumweight, colorway Ms. LaRock. Love them!
IMG_0300.JPG

I also made my son a pair of socks and mittens from (guess what? yes!) Socks that Rock, heavyweight, colorway Space Dust. This skein was purchased based on the name, and the fact that turquoise and orange are both present.

IMG_0311.JPG

IMG_0307.JPG

I'm not sure I ever posted a finished picture of the pink ones: Here they are, pattern based on Sensational Socks feather and fan, using Cherry Cordial of Yarntini.
DSC03780.JPG

And the haircut? It's AWESOME. I'm loving it. Well over half my hair was cut (it was getting rather long), and now it's layered, frames my face nicely, and is SO much lighter!

1 comment:

woodysgal said...

your cut looks very cute and it looks like you loss some Lb's too!
looking good
woodysgal